Saturday, January 26, 2008

A Big Scare

On Friday, my wife had some stomach pains. She called her OB, who told her if she likes, she could come in for an exam. Well, being 2 hours before Shabbos, that wasn't going to happen. The doctor told her it was probably normal pain, from the uterus expanding or something like that.
Anyway, Friday night, a little after midnight, my wife wakes up in pain. Not just a little pain. Completely doubled over, crying pain. I immediately called the doctor, who said that it might be a stomach issue, because the pain was above her belly button. She said to take some Tums and if it wasn't better in an hour, go to the hospital. Well, it didn't get better. I wasn't sure about going to the hospital on Shabbos, and we delayed a bit. Finally, seeing that it was getting worse, I called 911, and an ambulance came to take us to the hospital.
To make a long story short, my wife had her appendix taken out. Both babies are doing fine. My wife is laid up in bed now, and will be for a few days. Thank God it was just an appendix! Not that it's nothing, but it wasn't a miscarriage. We were so sure something went wrong with the pregnancy!

6 comments:

arijess said...

you can't make this stuff up. if this were fiction, the editor would tell you it's too ridiculous and too absurd and nobody would buy this.

hugs and refuah shleima! what a relief the pregnancy is ok.

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh!!!!!!i'm so sorry, but relieved it wasn't the babies. speedy recovery to your wife.

Jendeis said...

My goodness! So glad that you, your wife and the babies are all right. Make sure she doesn't try to do too much too soon. And you relax too!

Debby said...

Wow. Who knew having your appendix out could be such a good thing? So glad to hear it was not something with the babies and that they are all home and resting well.

Michele said...

Oh wow, I'm so glad you guys went to the hospital when you did. It's always difficutl to know what to do when there is an emergency on Shabbos. I'm glad you guys decided to go. Please wish your wife a speedy recovery for me and I'm so glad the babies are fine.

Anonymous said...

we're so glad everyone (and babies!) are doing alright!