Thursday, September 20, 2007

Test Results

Well, we got the results from the D&C yesterday. Turns out our baby was a boy. The tests showed that everything was normal. Now, there are a few possibilities. It could be a thyroid problem, it could be a blood clotting problem, or it could have been a fluke.
There is also the possibility that it is the abnormally shaped uterus. However, the top doctor in that field had checked her out right after the miscarriage, and said he didn't think that was the problem.
In a few weeks, we're having some more testing done to check if the thyroid or blood clotting are a problem.

4 comments:

arijess said...

the day you get the results brings everything back. finding out the gender gives it a reality that hurts. whether you learn it was a boy or girl, it has a new dimension to how you were thinking about it.

having been through both, genetically defective and genetically normal miscarriages, i find the genetically normal ones more difficult. i hope you find some answers.

Trying said...

Yeah, it was kind of hard for me to find out it was a boy... my mother's family is leviim, and my older brother's first kid was a girl. My younger brother just married a bas levi, so I was hoping for a boy so my family could finally have a pidyon haben.
Of course, we'd probably have a C-section delivery, and if I remember right, you don't have a pidyon haben in that case.

Anonymous said...

hugs... i had four misses, all were boys, 2 were normal,1 wasnt, one unknown. turns out i have an undiagnosable clotting issue.

if your wife want to pm me on atime I can talk to her.

Debby said...

Wow. To know the sex just makes it all the more real. With my 3rd m/c we waited and waited for all the test results and they never came. The testing failed for us unfortunately. The only "good" thing about that is I was torturing myself about if we should find out the sex or not. I was leaning towards not, but must say I'm thankful that I didn't have to make the choice. Either way, I would have regretted it, i'm sure.