Sunday, September 16, 2007

Rosh Hashanah

Well, Rosh Hashanah has gone by. When I was younger, I had a hard time sitting through the entire davening. The first year I davened in a yeshiva, I was nervous I'd go crazy from the long davening. However, it turned out that a yeshiva davening is like no other. I davened so much better there than ever before. The past few years, I haven't davened in a yeshiva. This year, I did again. It was a different yeshiva, a smaller one, and it wasn't as I remembered it. However, going through infertility has an effect on your davening. I asked G-d to help us this year, and to finally give us a child. Hopefully G-d will answer us as we want him to, together with everyone else.
G'mar Chasimah Tovah to everyone!

1 comment:

Trying said...

nikol,
Rosh Hashanah is specifically written in the Torah. Now, it's not "celebrated". The world was created on Rosh Hashanah, and every year G-d judges us on that day. We daven and beg Hashem to give us a good year.
You are correct that Tishrei is not the first month, that would be Nissan. However, the world was created in Tishrei, therefore when you measure the age of the world, it's measured by Rosh Hashanah.
By the way, I'd appreciate it if you tried not to post any more apikurses on my blog. Thanks!