Sunday, March 23, 2008

Purim

Purim was nice. We went to my brother-in-law for the seudah and the weekend. Their entire family was there (his in-laws, aunt & uncle, other sister-in-law) and they all oohed and aahed over my wife's pregnancy (she's clearly showing now.)
On Friday night, my wife started having some sharp pain in her lower back, and it spread to different areas. it eased a bit, and we assumed it was nothing. On Shabbos morning, the pain came back, and she had some brownish discharge during the Shabbos meal. I went and called her doctor (yes, on Shabbos) and he said it doesn't sound like a miscarriage. Since she has an appointment for Monday anyway, he said don't bother coming in before then unless the pain or discharge get worse. They didn't (the discharge disappeared after the one time), so we finished Shabbos, and my wife is taking it easy now until her appointment. Hopefully everything is fine!
Just on a side note, we'd already picked out one boy's name and one girl's name. We also have a probable second boy's name in case we have 2 boys. The thing we didn't have was a second girl's name. Over the weekend, I was looking through a book of names that my brother in law has, and I found a second girl's name. My wife likes it also, so we'll probably use it if we have 2 girls.

No comments: